José Valim joined the show to talk about Elixir. We learned about the early days of José’s start as a programmer. José took us back to the beginning of Elixir and shared why Erlang got him so excited, we broke down features of the language, we talked about functional programming, concurrency, developing for multi-core systems, we talked about the Elixir community, the future of Phoenix, Ecto, and more.
Toptal – Join the best or hire the best engineers and designers! Email Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get a personal introduction to get started with Toptal.
Rollbar – Put errors in their place! Full-stack error tracking for all apps in any language. Members can get $200 in credit.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice! We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
changelog20 to get 2 months free!
Pulse – Realtime cloud and infrastructure monitoring with visualization and alerting so you can monitor your blind spots.
- José Valim (@josevalim) on Twitter
- José Valim (@josevalim) on GitHub
- #147: Elixir and Phoenix with Chris McCord - The Changelog
- Elixir v1.2 and Ecto v1.1 · Issue #339 · thechangelog/ping
- Ruby on Rails
- plataformatec/devise: Flexible authentication solution for Rails with Warden.
- Erlang Programming Language
- jashkenas (Jeremy Ashkenas)
- A Week with Elixir - Joe Armstrong says, “this is good shit.”
- José Valim at Strange Loop 2012 - Elixir: Modern Programming for the Erlang VM
- Programming Ruby “The Pickaxe” by Dave Thomas, Chad Fowler, and Andy Hunt
- #191: Elm and Functional Programming with Richard Feldman - The Changelog
- elixir-lang/ecto - Elixir
- The Pragmatic Bookshelf “Productive |> Reliable |> Fast” by Chris McCord, Bruce Tate, and José Valim
- The Pragmatic Bookshelf “Productive |> Reliable |> Fast” 1.4 by Chris McCord, Bruce Tate, and José Valim
- Introduction - Elixir
- Hero: Guy L. Steele, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Elixir Radar: the weekly email newsletter about Elixir - Plataformatec
- Exception tracking and logging from Elixir to Rollbar (elixir-addicts/rollbax)